We believe sharing stories is great fun and very, very good for our soul. We want people to get together, sit with friends and cuddle up around
a warm fireplace... or a big sofa... or in the middle of a sunny field... and start sharing some of those stories and enjoying fine food while we're there.
that's why we started to organise the DISC Cafe's. They are EVERY 2nd SATERDAY of the month!
1) The Cosy Cafe's (Nov-Dec-Jan-Febr-March-April) take place at Lunchroom 'De Overkant'. It is one of THE BEST places in The Hague and owner Yaron and his wife Janneke have treated us many, many times with their hospitality. Thank you so much, Yaron, Janneke and all the Overkanters!!!!
the Sunny months (May-June-July-August-September-October), we move to the Scheveningen beach @StranttentHetPuntje Owner (and wonderful guy!) Aad is hosting us in his beach house and treating us to his amazing soups&salads. A MUST GO TO in the Summer!
the Cafe's start at 19h and go on till 21h.
- Each cafe you can enjoy some fine food, like a soup or a salad. It is always vegetarian, mostly organic, completely home-made and preferably gluten/lactose
- We would like to suggest a donation of 15 euro's for food & stories.
- Stories at the Cafe's are theme (and often season) related. So, "Love stories for St. Valentine', 'Loooooong stories for the longest day', 'Stories around
All Saints Day', and so on, and so on...
- Anyone who would like to share a nice story is invited to do so - it can be long or short - anything you like! Please send an email to francine@DISCstorytelling.com
dates/ or check our AGENDA:
Allways from 19h - 21h (walk in from
Sat. January 11th Storytelling Cafe @Lunchroom De Overkant
Sat. February 8th Storytelling Cafe @Lunchroom
Sat. March 14th Storytelling Cafe @Lunchroom De Overkant
Sat. April 11th Storytelling Cafe @Lunchroom De Overkant
Sat. May 9th Storytelling Cafe @StranttentHetPuntje
Sat. June 13th Storytelling Cafe @StranttentHetPuntje
Sat. July 11th Storytelling Cafe @StranttentHetPuntje
Sat. August 8th Storytelling Cafe @StranttentHetPuntje
Come and join us anytime!