We want people to get together, sit with friends and cuddle up around a warm fireplace... or a big sofa... or in the middle of a sunny field... and start sharing some stories and enjoying some fine food while we're there. We believe it is great fun and very, very good for our soul.
And that's why we started to organise the DISC Cafe's.
1) Most cafe's take place at Lunchroom 'De Overkant'. It is one of THE BEST places in The Hague and owner Yaron and his wife Janneke has treated us many, many times with their hospitality. Thank you so much, Yaron, Janneke and all the Overkanters!!!!
2) In the Summer months (July-August-September), we move to the Scheveningen beach at Strandtent het Puntje. Owner (and wonderfull guy!) Aad is hosting us in his beach house and treating us to his amazing soups&salds. A MUST GO TO in the Summer!
Generally the Cafe's start at 19h and go on till 21h.
- Each cafe you can enjoy some fine food, like a soup or a salad. It is always vegetarian, mostly organic, completely home-made and preferably gluten/lactose free.
- We would like to suggest a donation of 12 euro's for food & stories.
- Stories at the Cafe's are theme (and often season) related. So, "Love stories for St. Valentine', 'Loooooong stories for the longest day', 'Stories around All Saints Day', and so on, and so on...
- Anyone who would like to share a nice story is invited to do so - it can be long or short - anything you like! Please send an email to francine@DISCstorytelling.com
Upcoming dates/ or check our AGENDA:
Fri. 1st June: Stories from our Ancestors @CommunityGardenSpinozahof
Sat. 9th June: Loooooong stories for the loooongest day @De Overkant
Sat. 14th July: Stories on the Beach @Strandtent het Puntje
Sat. 11th August: Stories on the Beach @Strandtent het Puntje
Sat. 15th September: Stories on the Beach @Strandtent het Puntje
Sat. 13th October: All Saints/All Souls/Haloween @De Overkant
Sat. 10th November: Winter Tales @De Overkant
Sat. 8th December: Tales for Christmas @De Overkant
All from 19h - 21h (walk in from 18h30 on)
Come and join us anytime!